We are hiring!
Chief Marketing Officer
At Airside Mobile, our mission is to make travel faster, better and more efficient. We pursue that mission by combining smart process design with leading edge technology to create mobile solutions for travelers. Our Digital ID solutions create convenience while allowing our members to maintain full control of their data. We are best recognized for Mobile Passport, a top-rated app that helps our customers breeze through customs without the long lines and paperwork.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for driving the strategy, planning, execution and performance for the consumer facing Mobile Passport product. Airside’s Mobile Passport app has expedited over 5 million travelers through US customs and passport control at 26 locations, enrolling over 4 million members and earning a 4.7-star rating in the process.
Airside is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with a culture that emphasizes close teamwork, creative solutions, running lean, and rethinking how things work. Our team has deep experience in identity, data security, travel, and government processes.
This role is a “green field” opportunity for the right person to build a B2C marketing strategy on the foundation of a rapidly growing member base and a nascent national brand. Our team is extremely small and flat, so you must enjoy working in a low-structure environment, be comfortable within a start-up environment, and have a passion for getting things done creatively.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities.
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for growing and monetizing Airside’s B2C products
- Provide strategic guidance on new product development activities
- Collect and analyze member feedback for insights on operational and technical improvements
- Drive all aspects of the B2C strategy, including marketing, pricing, compliance, and support
- Develop B2C marketing plan and execute campaigns across channels, with an emphasis on cost-effectiveness and creativity
- Manage B2C support team and incorporate consumer feedback into company strategy, operations and product development processes
- Establish performance measurement systems, set KPIs and adapt planning and execution to optimize results
- Recruit, train and develop a B2C business team over the next 12-18 months
- Support B2B Marketing activities as needed
- Develop brand guidelines and press strategy
- Provide financial and operating forecasts and reports to senior leadership
- Work alongside Airside’s senior leadership to grow the overall business, both in terms of operational and financial metrics and in terms of internal capabilities and culture
- Participate in strategy formulation
- Partner with product development team
- Coordinate with B2B and B2G business teams
- Ensure B2C compliance with applicable privacy requirements
- MBA or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Operations or related field
- 10+ years experience, preferably in high-growth, venture-backed technology companies
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing new B2C monetization strategies
- Expert-level understanding of B2C marketing channels, including but not limited to SEO, in-store placement, earned media, social media, etc.
- Familiarity with the travel and/or identity verticals strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong B2C-relevant analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to keep a cool head under pressure and comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated experience building and motivating high-performance teams
Please send your CV/resume and a brief statement on why you’re a fit for Airside to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Airside HQ in Arlington, VA