We are hiring!
Cloud Database Engineer
Airside is looking for a motivated and talented individual to work closely with the business and technology teams to build and administer the database solutions running in a cloud-based environment. You will be working for a distributed engineering team consisting of mobile and backend service dev/ops teams. In a very collaborative environment, you will be involved in all stages of design and development of the mobile applications and API design. This is your opportunity to work on a disruptive product and help influence the outcome.
The core engineering teams are located in Herndon, VA and Innsbruck, Austria, with our headquarters office located in Rosslyn, VA.
Airside is a fast growing start-up, but already boasts over 3 million users of our existing mobile application, Mobile Passport.
In the role of a Cloud Database Engineer, you will work on and contribute to all facets of the data persistence needs across the solution stack using a data-driven approach. You will help manage the operational aspects of our databases through automation in order to validate that the service level requirements have been met.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities.
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Deliver and operate large scale distributed databases in the cloud
- Establish requirements and strategies for data replication and sharding
- Automate operations tasks
- Build repeatable infrastructure as code
- Assist with ad hoc data analysis and data quality checks
- Perform event correlation and root cause analysis
- Participate in data model design reviews
- Evaluate new technology offerings and perform performance benchmarks
- Experience building and maintaining mission-critical databases in the cloud
- Experience managing the database throughput, availability and scalability needs
- Systems engineering experience including memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security and network in the cloud
- Experience analyzing issues from the application stack to the database to the storage in a distributed environment
- Plugged into the latest technology trends and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge of database internals (performance, consistency, tuning, etc.)
- Experience running database performance benchmarks
- Proficiency with Agile Development toolset
- Knowledge of graph and document databases is a plus
- Knowledge of Postgres database is a plus
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in design, build, and maintenance of a variety of databases (SQL/NoSQL)
- AWS Certifications a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your CV/resume and a brief statement on why you’re a fit for Airside to email@example.com