We are hiring!
Airside is looking for a motivated and talented individual to build and administer the cloud data solutions running in AWS. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who worked as a primary cloud data solutions engineer in the past projects. The candidate will participate in all stages of the solution lifecycle. This position will provide an opportunity to work on a disruptive product and help influence the outcome. Therefore, a keen focus on building creative solutions and a commitment to collaborative problem-solving is essential to creating value for our customers.
At Airside, the core engineering teams are in Herndon, VA and Innsbruck, Austria, with our headquarters located in Rosslyn, VA.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities.
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain large scale distributed data persistence solutions using AWS Cloud Databases and other open source solutions
- Participate in technical design and implementation sprints to help design logical schemas to organize data in a meaningful manner
- Assist with ad hoc data analysis and data quality checks
- Perform event correlation and root cause analysis
- Evaluate new technologies and perform performance benchmarks
- Demonstrated experience with Postgres DB
- Experience with other data persistence technologies (graph, document, key-val, etc.)
- Experience supporting the product implementation
- Experience building and maintaining mission-critical databases in the cloud
- Understanding of system design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Systems engineering experience including memory management, I/O tuning, configuration, security and network in the cloud
- Experience with distributed log tracing
- Plugged into the latest technology trends and emerging technologies
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum)
- Experience with AWS tools and services
- B.S. in Computer Science or a Related Field
- 5+ years of experience in design, build, and sustenance of a variety of databases (SQL/NoSQL)
- AWS Certifications a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your CV/resume and a brief statement on why you’re a fit for Airside to firstname.lastname@example.org