We are hiring!
Mobile App Developer
Airside is looking for extremely talented iOS and Android mobile application developers who have a passion about solving intricate problems in identity management. You will be working for a distributed engineering team consisting of mobile and backend service dev/ops teams. In a very collaborative environment, you will be involved in all stages of design and development of mobile applications and the supporting API designs.
The core engineering teams are located in Herndon, VA and Innsbruck, Austria, with our headquarters office located in Rosslyn, VA.
Airside is a fast growing start-up, but already boasts over 3 million users of our existing mobile application, Mobile Passport.
We are looking for iOS and Android developers responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a range of iOS and Android devices including mobile phones and tablets. Your primary focus will be development of applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers specializing on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
Great opportunities don’t come without great responsibilities.
Here’s some of what you’ll be doing:
- Design and build applications for iOS and Android platforms
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Test driven development and continuous integration
- Collaborate with a distributed team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Assist in the specification of REST service interfaces
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Participate in daily stand-ups and sprint planning sessions
- Participate in regular architecture and design sessions
- 3-5 years experience with Objective-C and Swift. Cocoa Touch experience is a plus
- 3-5 years experience with Java, Kotlin, and C++
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
- Good understanding of public key infrastructure architectures and JOSE.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with REST best practices to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries is preferred
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Benchmarking and optimization
- Experience with continuous integration
- Familiar with Agile development environment
Job Type: Full-time
Please send your CV/resume and a brief statement on why you’re a fit for Airside to firstname.lastname@example.org